It's been a while since I've been able to update here--I've been swamped with work, and have been saving most of my free time for family. But I haven't been idle over the past few weeks. Some details:
1. I finished and submitted a new article to the SFWA Bulletin, this one on podcasting--it's my second in as many years to go into the Bulletin, so I'm pretty pleased about that. The next issue should be coming out fairly soon, and I'll try to let everyone know when it actually goes into print.
2. I finished a short story for an upcoming anthology entitled When The Villain Comes Home, edited by Gabrielle Harbowy and Ed Greenwood (yep, THAT Ed Greenwood!). This is a sequel to the successful anthology When The Hero Comes Home, which came out last year to critical acclaim (with some really talented authors!), and I'm happy to have a story in this volume...and I'm pleased with how the story came out. Anticipated publication date is later this year, and again I'll update everyone with links to places you can buy and read said anthology when the time comes.
3. I've just about finished up confirming my convention/conference schedule for the year, and it looks like it's going to be a busy one: Ad Astra in April, Origins in June (this is a new one for me, and I'm excited about it), Westercon in July (we're normally out there visiting family anyway during the summer, so this just happened to work out), Readercon in July, GenCon in August, Worldcon in August, and possibly World Fantasy Con in October. And on top of all that, I'm going back to Wellspring Workshop again in August, so, well, yeah...I'll be busy. But it's all a GOOD kind of busy, and that's what I like. When I have details on my schedule at any of these cons, you'll be able to find them on my Schedule page.
4. Speculate! continues to go well, and we're booked into late April with guests and shows planned, including interviews with people like Mark Hodder and Brandon Sanderson--so that's great. If you haven't already, please head over and check the show out.
5. Finally, my next two novels are currently making the rounds of agents (and in two cases, publishers), and I'll be starting work on my fourth shortly. Promising signs on that front too, I hope!
Beyond this, family life and teaching continues to be good, so no complaints--except for being busy, but that's obviously a good problem to have. Thanks as always for checking in, and I'll have updates on all of the above over the next few weeks. Until then, be well!